The Global Ambassador program was created because Pain is a global issue. The Global Ambassador Program is a cornerstone for The Global Pain Initiative.
Did you know –
- Of the billion people living with chronic pain on our planet, only 1 in 5 receive appropriate treatment,
- Pain accounts for more than 80% of all physician visits globally,
- Pain costs hundreds of billions of dollars a year in health expenses and lost productivity in the United States alone,
- Despite the over a billion people experiencing pain, many feel isolated and are not ware of the support and resources available.
The Global Ambassador Program raises public awareness of pain as a disease, pain issues and best practices from across the world, and the possibility of a Cure for Pain.
Our Global Ambassadors are essential to the outreach of The Global Pain Initiative. They connect communities, clinicians, people living with pain, and their families to science and the future of pain treatment and potential cures.
- Creates awareness in their community as a spokesperson for pain,
- Engages and coordinates with public and private entities,
- Hosts productive cross-stakeholder pain-related discussions that lead to a movement of action,
- Distribute and share The Global Pain Initiative resources,
- Participates in global events and educational programs sponsored by The Global Pain Initiative